This article will provide all the needed information about the non-profit organizations in Canada. You’ll find everything from the list of best charities in Canada, to the not-for-profit organizations in Canada. We are going to feed you with everything about NGOs in Canada.
Before we delve right into sharing the list of non-profit organizations Canada list; let’s first start by understanding the functions of NGOs in Canada, and why the organizations are so important.
Functions of Nonprofit Organizations in Canada
According to the Resolution 288 (X) and Resolution 1296 (XLV) of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) which clearly define a non-governmental organization (NGO) as:
An organization that is not established by inter-governmental agreement rather it includes organizations that accept members designated by governmental authorizations provided that such membership doesn’t interfere with the free expression of views of the organizations.
Non-Profit Organizations in Canada
Like every non-profit organization across the world, its functions remain the same.
The principal objective of a non-profit organization can range from, reaching out to the needy and underprivileged members of the community, to providing a much faster supports, such as food, medicine, water, including other life supports, and necessities.
In addition to providing supports for the unprivileged, non-governmental organizations play an important role in the community as well.
Below is the complete list of non-profit organizations in Canada.
Non-Profit Organizations in Canada List
- The University Of British Columbia
- British Columbia’s Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Multiple Sclerosis Society Of Canada
- Bc Cancer Foundation
- Strategic Charitable Giving Foundation
- Benefaction Foundation
- The Catholic Independent Schools Of Vancouver Archdiocese
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Foundation
- Aga Khan Foundation Canada/Fondation Aga Khan Canada
- Health Partners International Of Canada
- The Nature Conservancy Of Canada
- Victoria Foundation
- Chalice (Canada)
- The Sir Mortimer B. Davis Jewish General Hospital Foundation
- St Michael’s Hospital Foundation
- Federation CJA
- Canadian Unicef Committee
- United Way Of Winnipeg
- Power To Change Ministries
- Christian Children’S Fund Of Canada
- The Calgary Foundation
- British Columbia Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals
- Beth Oloth Charitable Organization
- McMaster University
- University Of Saskatchewan
- The Kidney Foundation Of Canada
- The Samaritan’s Purse – Canada
- United Way Of The Lower Mainland
- The Canadian Red Cross Society
- The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints In Canada
- Jewish Community Foundation Of Montreal
- Canada Helps Canadon
- Plan International Canada Inc.
- The Governing Council Of The Salvation Army In Canada
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Heart And Stroke Foundation Of Canada
- Charitable Gift Funds Canada Foundation
- Redemption Ministries Inc.
- The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
- Compassion Canada
- The Hospital For Sick Children Foundation
- Centraide Of Greater Montreal
- The Foundation Of Greater Montreal
- United Way Of Calgary And Area
- Conam Charitable Foundation
- Doctors Without Borders
- The Azrieli Foundation
- VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
- The Governors Of The University Of Calgary
- Private Giving Foundation
- Royal Institution For The Advancement Of Learning McGill University
- The St. Clair College Of Applied Arts And Technology
- Centre For Addiction And Mental Health Foundation
- Watch Tower Bible And Tract Society Of Canada
- Vancouver Foundation
- Queen’S University At Kingston
- Aqueduct Foundation
- The War Amputations Of Canada
- Muslim Association Of Canada
- Mennonite Foundation Of Canada
- We Charity
- Islamic Relief – IR Canada
- Sainte-Justine UHC Foundation
- The Winnipeg Foundation
- Alberta Cancer Foundation
- St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation Of Vancouver
- The University Of Manitoba
- The Arthritis Society
- Union Gospel Mission
- United Way Of The Alberta Capital Region
- Kupas Hachesed Meoroth
- The Canadian National Institute For The Blind
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- William Osler Health System Foundation
- Canadian National Christian Foundation
- Universite De Montreal
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’At Canada Inc.
- University Of Guelph
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Movember Canada
- John And Myrna Daniels Foundation
- University Hospital Foundation
- Canadian Wildlife Federation
- Cancer Research Society
- The Terry Fox Foundation
- London Health Sciences Foundation
List of Non-Profit Organizations in Toronto
- Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation
- Covenant House Toronto
- United Way Of Greater Toronto
- Toronto Foundation
- Jewish Foundation Of Greater Toronto
- United Jewish Appeal Of Greater Toronto
- The Governing Council Of The University Of Toronto
- Roman Catholic Episcopal Corporation For The Diocese Of Toronto, In Canada
List of Non-Profit Organizations in Ottawa
- United Way Prescott-Russell, Ottawa, Lanark And Renfrew Counties
- The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
List of Not-for-Profit in Ontario, Canada
- The University Of Western Ontario
- Art Gallery Of Ontario
According to a report released by the Global and Mail, in conjunction with CharityCAN—has ranked Canada’s 1,000 largest not-for-profit institutions. The ranking is based on donations received by the organization.
If you are interested in working with any of the listed organizations, in order to join hands to tackle the underlying issues that cause poverty and social injustice, then you can search for internship and career opportunities on their website.
The good news is that some of these non-profit organizations in Canada offers people the opportunity to develop a career in the organization.
Non-profit organizations in Canada offers employment opportunities both locally and internationally as well as volunteer and internship opportunities for entry-level applicants.
In addition, non-governmental organizations in Canada work mostly with youths across Canada; helping them to garnered professional skills that are necessary in building a friendly and inclusive communities for people from all around the world.
To be part of these helping hands, you can enroll in any of the NGOs in Canada.