Whether you are looking for NGOs in Ghana, or seeking for non-governmental organizations jobs in Ghana. In this article, you will find the complete list of NGOs in Ghana, including international NGOs in Ghana, and NGOs in Accra.
International NGOs in Ghana commands a large share of the nonprofit organizations in Ghana. International non-governmental organizations working in Ghana pride themselves as an organization with a huge network base, which is why they are able to affect the livelihoods of poor Ghanaians in one way or another.
That said, the employment opportunities brought by these international NGOs in Ghana can never go unnoticed. These organizations have helped to improve the quality of life of the local communities across Ghana.
List of NGOs in Ghana
- Adventist Development & Relief Agency (ADRA)
- TRANSCEND-International Ghana (TI-G)
- Action Aid
- Forum of African Women Educationalists Ghana (FAWE)
- Aid To Artisans Ghana (ATAG)
- Association of African Universities
- Akpafu Traditional Birth Attendants Women Association (ATBAWA)
- Trashy Bags Project
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Chance for Children
- Firm Health Ghana Foundation
- United Way Ghana
- VSO Ghana
- Felix Fitness Foundation
- West African Aids Foundation (WAAF)
- Women United Against AIDS in Ghana
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation
- YFCI Africa Office
- Osu Library Fund Libraries
- Chosen Rehab
- Freedom From Hunger
- Christian Aid
- City of Refuge Ministries
- Creative NGO
- Emerge Sports
- Orthopaedic Training Centre
- Pyrexa Global
- SAP – Special Attention Project
- Save Rural Africa (SRA)
- OrphanAid Africa
- SOS Children’s Village Association of Ghana
- Street Children Empowerment Foundation (SCEF)
- The Golden Baobab
- The Olinga Foundation
- Futures for Kids
- Grameen Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity
- HelpAge Ghana
- Inclusion Ghana
- Kayayei Youth Association of Ghana
- Kinder Paradis
- Lotus Children’s School
- New Horizon Special School
International NGOs in Ghana
- United States Peace Corps
- North American Women’s Association (NAWA)
- Sight Savers International
- Plan International
- Ricerca e Cooperazione
- Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC)
List of NGOs in Accra
1. Accra Theatre Workshop
Accra Theatre Workshop supports particularly artists who are trying to take their career to the next level; by providing them with opportunities for training, and other programs.
2. ABAN Against Neglect
ABAN provides skills training to single mothers and abused women in an effort to reduce poverty in Accra.
3. Action Aid
ActionAid is a development-based non-governmental organization with concentration on providing education, water, health and livelihoods. The organization also managed a child sponsorship programme in Ghana.
4. Basics International
Basic International primarily aims at providing education, housing an schooling facilities for the underprivileged children in Accra and beyond, making it one of the best NGOs in Accra.
5. CARE International
CARE International is one of the biggest international NGOs in Ghana Accra. The organization’s main focus is poverty reduction, offering loans and savings advice, including creating awareness on HIV-AIDS, and offering help to the victims.
NGOs in Ghana are working earnestly in providing skills training to the underprivileged in an effort to break the cycle of poverty. From education to health; these nonprofit organizations are working so hard to improve the livelihood of people in Ghana.
Do you have any questions regarding NGOs in Ghana? Do well to drop your query via comment.