Although one of the richest countries in the world. There are quite a significant number of non-governmental organizations in Australia. In this article, you’re going to find the list of NGOs in Australia, includes of NGOs in Melbourne, and Sydney.
However, in spite of the numerous non-governmental organizations in Australia; every NGO in the country is required by law, under the Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP), to be accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The accreditation process is mandatory, and it is aimed at striking a balance between the public, Government, and the organization.
The following is a complete list of NGOs in Australia with links to their respective websites.
List of NGOs in Australia
- Australian Red Cross (ARC)
- Brien Holden Vision Institute (BHVI)
- Burnet Institute
- CARE Australia
- Caritas Australia
- CBM Australia
- ChildFund Australia
- Engineers Without Borders Australia (EWB)
- Family Planning NSW (FPNSW)
- Habitat for Humanity Australia
- International Needs Australia (INA)
- Interplast Australia and New Zealand
- International Women’s Development Agency (IWDA)
- Marie Stopes International Australia (MSIA)
- Mary Mackillop Today
- Motivation Australia
- Opportunity International Australia (OIA)
- Oxfam Australia
- PLAN International Australia
- Quaker Service Australia (QSA)
- Save the Children Australia (SCA)
- SurfAid International Australia
- TEAR Australia
- The Fred Hollows Foundation (FHF)
- The Kokoda Track Foundation (KTF)
- The Leprosy Mission Australia (TLMA)
- Transform Aid International
- Union Aid Abroad—APHEDA
- WaterAid Australia
- World Education Australia Limited (WEAL)
- World Vision Australia (WVA)
- UNICEF Australia
The following is a list of NGOs in Melbourne with links to their official websites.
List of NGOs in Melbourne
- Assisi Aid Projects
- Australian Doctors for Africa (ADfA)
- Australian Himalayan Foundation (AHF)
- Diplomacy Training Program (DTP)
- Global Mission Partners
- International Nepal Fellowship (INF) Australia
- Kyeema Foundation
- MAA International
- NTA—East Indonesia Aid (Nusa Tenggara Association)
- Palmera Projects
- Reledev Australia Limited
- Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Salvation Army International Development (SAID)
- SeeBeyondBorders Australia
- Sight for All
The following is a list of NGOs in Sydney with links to their official websites.
List of NGOs in Sydney
- Act for Peace—National Council of Churches Australia (NCCA)
- Action on Poverty
- ActionAid Australia
- Adventist Development & Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Anglican Board of Mission Australia (ABM)
- Anglican Overseas Aid
- Australian Doctors International (ADI)
- Australian Lutheran World Service (ALWS)
Are you interested in volunteering for NGOs in Australia?
If you’re interested in working for any of the listed non-governmental organizations in Australia; simply click the link to apply for an opportunity via their official website.