Here you will find the complete list of NGOs company in Ethiopia, including the list of international NGOs working in Ethiopia PDF and all other local NGOs in Ethiopia.
Whether you’re looking for a non-governmental organization in Ethiopia to work for; or you’re simply in search of newly and establish non-profit organizations to contribute to. In this article, you’ll find all the NGOs in Ethiopia.
In this article, we’re going to share with you hundreds of non-profit organization in Ethiopia.
As of today, there are various non-profit organizations in Ethiopia. And, while some of these non-governmental organizations are locally owned and funded; several others are owned and managed by internationally recognized organizations, such as the UN, UNICEF, etc.
NGO Company in Ethiopia
Right here on this article, you’re going to find a complete list of ngo company in Ethiopia. These lists comprise of all the local and international NGOs working in Ethiopia.
In case you do not know what NGO actually means. Here is a quick breakdown of the NGO and what it actually does.
NGO is an abbreviation for a non-governmental organization. NGO is more often than not, non-profit. What this actually means is that there’s no government or political affiliation to non-governmental organizations. NGOs are often independent of governments.
Also, some of the NGOs are recognized, or, are associate with the United Nations.
Importance of NGOs?
One of the most important facet of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) is their active contributions in humanitarian across the globe.
List of NGOs Company in Ethiopia
Below is the list of non-profit company in Ethiopia. Unfortunately, very few of these non-governmental organizations have an active website.
- Action for Development (AFD)
- Action For Integrated Sustainable Development Association (AISDA)
- Addis Development Vision (ADV)
- Adult and Non Formal Education association in Ethiopia (ANFEAE)
- Afar Pastoralist Development Association (APDA)
- Aged And Children Pastoralist Association (ACPA)
- Amhara Development Association (ADA)
- Amhara Women Association (AWA)
- Association for National Planned Program for Vulnerable Children and in Need (ANPPCAN)-Ethiopia
- Berhan LeHitsanat
- Center for Development Initiative (CDI)
- Common Vision for Development Association (CVDA)
- Concern for Integrated Development (CfID)
- Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA)
- Cooperativa Multisectorial de Productores de Café Organico de Matagalpa (COOMPROC)
- Development Expertise Center (DEC)
- Emmanuel Development Association (EDA)
- Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development Coordinating Office Of Harar
- The Ethiopian Heavy Truck Drivers Association
- Ethiopian Kale Heywet Church (EKHC)
- Ethiopian Muslims Relief and Development Association (EMRDA)
- The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church (EOTC-DICAC)
- Ethiopian Pediatrics Society (EPS)
- Ethiopian Society of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (ESOG)
- Facilitators for change (FC)
- Fayyaa Integrated Development Organisation (FIDO)
- Federation of Ethiopian National Associations of Persons with Disabilities (FENAPD)
- Forum on Sustainable Child Empowerment (FSCE)
- Gambela Children and Community Development Organisation (GCCDO)
- Gayo Pastoral Development Initiative
- Gayo Pastoral Development Initiative
- Gurge People Self-help Development organisation (GPSDO)
- Hiwot Ethiopia
- Hiwot Integrated Development Association (HIDA)
- HUNDEE-Oromo Grassroots Development Initiative
- Integrated Services for AIDS Prevention and Support Organisation (ISAPSO)
- Kedaaba Youth Education and Health Development Aid Association
- Kelem Ethiopia
- Love for Children Organisation (LCO)
- Love in Action Ethiopia (LAE)
- Mahibere Hiwot for Social Development (MHSD)
- Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA)
- Mekdim Ethiopia National Association
- Mission for Community Development Programme (MCDP)
- Mother and Child Development Organization (MCDO)
- Mothers and Children Multisectoral Development Organization (MCMDO)
- Mums For Mums
- Music Mayday-Ethiopia
- Network of Charitable Societies of HIV Positives Associations in Amhara (NAP+)
- Network of HIV+People in Diredawa (DNP)
- Net-work of South Region Association of HIV positive people. (NOSAP+)
- Organisation for Rehabilitation and Development in Amhara (ORDA)
- The Organisation for Social Services, Health and Development (OSSHD)
- Organisation for Welfare and Development in Action (OWDA)
- Organization for Child Development and Transformation (CHADET)
Well over a hundred of local and international non-profit organizations are actively serving the Horn of Africa’s region.
A lot of these NGOs have been working in the African region for the past five to ten years. Their activities in countries such as Ethiopia, Sudan, DR. Congo, Kenya, Mali, Zimbabwe, Zambia and other parts of Africa has bring about an improved livelihood to the communities involved.
List of International NGOs Working in Ethiopia PDF
Even though there are various local NGOs in Ethiopia, there are, as well, many other active international NGOs in Ethiopia.
Below is the list of international NGOs working in Ethiopia. Most of these non-profit organizations working in the country are registered, and are recognized by the UN.
- Project Concern International (PCI) – Ethiopia
- International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC)
- DAN Church Aid Ethiopia (DCA)
- American Relief Agency for the Horn of Africa (ARAHA)
Local NGOs in Ethiopia
Ethiopia is one of the many countries in Africa flooded with different non-profit organizations. Roughly ten or more local NGOs in Ethiopia spring up week in wee out.
- Eshet Children and Youth Development Organization (ECYDO)
- Organization for Prevention Rehabilitation and Integration of Female Street Children (OPRIFSC)
- The Organization for Social Development (OSD)
- Organization for the Development of Women and Children Ethiopia (ODWACE)
- Pastoralist Concern
- Professional Alliance for Development (PADet)
- Pro-Pride Ethiopia
- RATSON – Women, Youth and Children Development Programme
- Relief Society of Tigray (REST)
- Remember the Poorest Community (RPC)
- Rohi-Weddu Pastoral Women Development Organization
- South Ethiopia People’s Development Association (SEPDA)
- Tigray Development Association (TDA)
- Tigray Youth Association (TYA)
- Tilm Integrated Rural – Urban Development Organistion (TIRUDO)
- United Society for Sustainable Development (UNISOD)
- Young Women Christian Association
In a country where there is so much vulnerable women and children. The local NGOs in partnership with international non-profit organizations are leaving no stones unturned.
The NGOs in Ethiopia are actively providing orphans and vulnerable kids with food and water, couple with prevention of human trafficking; HIV/AIDS. They also empower women and youths, through internship programs and scholarships.